Thursday, August 19, 2010

After a Full Day of Canning......

After a full day of canning and baking (4 Quarts of dilly beans, 5 -1/2 pint jars of Jalapeno jelly, and 2 loaves of zucchini bread) I needed and easy dinner that used leftovers from the canning.
I was gifted with about 6 lbs of green beans from a neighbor so I canned the beans but still had some left over so we had green beans for dinner.
Also in the days' doings I ended up with some leftover grated zucchini(about 2 Cups), so I add some grated carrots (about 4 big ones ) and some homemade goat-milk ricotta (about 1 1/2 C. - you can add regular ricotta if you don't have your own home-made goat ricotta)an egg and some buckwheat flour (about 1 Cup - any flour will do but we use Gluten free flours here), some salt and pepper to taste and made a dough. These are veggie ricotta fritters. and once I finish the "dough" I fry it is a lightly greased skillet. Add some fresh homegrown tomato slices, some yummy cucumber salad (recipe yet to come) and those green beans and you've got a nice homegrown meal. Nice and cool and quick for a busy day canning and such.

If this is too boring for you - you can add some spices : oregano, garlic, onions finely minced, cayenne pepper for a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment