Saturday, October 16, 2010

Baked Potato Soup (GF/CF)


Another Gluten Free/Corn Free yummy dinner to make for our family (one that makes you just feel all warm and fuzzy on a cool autumn day!) is Baked Potato Soup. It is not too hard to prepare
as the base is just a good potato soup. I peel and chop about 10 big potatoes (less if you have a small family) and boil them. Then strain and mash about 3/4 of the potatoes leaving some chunks for a heartier soup. I add chicken stock (read labels - not all are created alike and yes, some do have wheat and corn in them) I use Pacific Naturals Chicken stock or my own homemade, and my own goat milk (yes, you can use regular cow's milk or even rice or soy if you prefer.)
Then I prepare all the toppings: bacon, shredded cheese (a variety is nice too - cheddar, Pepper Jack and/or Bleu cheeses work) green onions, sauteed mushrooms, and more - let your tastebuds be your guide!Go ethnic!
Okay, I ladle up the soup and then let everyone top their own soups.
EAT HEARTY MATES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment