Friday, November 12, 2010

Runzas, Bierrocks, Cabbage Buns. (NOT Gluten Free )

YES this is not a Gluten Free recipe - I apologize but for those of you who make GF bread - I am sure you can adapt it. I do not make GF bread because most of the bread dough mixes/recipes call for Xanthan Gum which hubby swears is derived from CORN. Another no-no. But since kids and I are not Gluten Free, I am making these and freezing them because if you are going to the trouble you may just want to make a huge batch, freeze a bunch and pull them out to bake on one of those crazy days (y'know where you are running your kids hither and yon to activities or where you get caught up in something and go - OH, boy am I hungry!)

You will need to make your recipe of homemade bread dough.
Then you will take 2 lbs of ground meat (turkey or beef) 1 onion, cabbage shredded. Brown the ground meat and add the onion and cabbage (shredded) and cook this together. When it is cooked, you need to roll out balls of dough (like you see here) and fill them with the meat on half.
Then you will fold over the other half and pop these in the oven on 350* for about 20 minutes, when the dough is golden brown.

Here they are ready to bake. The smell of cooking Runzas is awesome and my kids love these. I slather mine with good mustard and ENJOY!
Like I said this makes a HUGE batch - and they freeze great.

No comments:

Post a Comment