Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thai chicken and noodle salad - Gluten Free/Corn Free

I sort of was bored and in the mood for something Thai so I created this salad. I am posting the recipe as I would make it (for real) not how I did make it with what I had!
1 Package of Tinkyada spaghetti noodles (brown or white rice)
1 cooked chicken cut in chunks and let cool
1 diced cucumber
1 C. Bean Sprouts.
1 head of lettuce chopped up
1 package of shelled edamame (only the beans cooked in salt water - let cool)
1 red bell pepper (or orange, or yellow) diced up.
about 1 cup of Peanuts - dry roasted.
1 head of cilantro chopped up
When noodles are done cooking rinse in cold water to cool off and toss all ingredients except the
peanuts, cilantro and lettuce with 1 recipe of homemade or Gluten Free Thai peanut dressing.
Put Lettuce on a large platter or in a large bowl to make a bed. Top with noodles mix
and sprinkle peanuts and cilantro on top. I used San J brand Gluten Free Thai peanut dressing.
It is good but I prefer my homemade sauce.

Thai Peanut Sauce Homemade. I'd love to take credit for this but it's out of 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Gelles.
1/2 C Smooth Peanut butter,
6TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP Rice wine or dry sherry
4 tsp cider vinegar
4 tsp sugar ( you can use honey or Agave but use less, same with stevia)
2 tsp chili oil (for mild version, use less or none at all)
1 small garlic clove minced
3 sliced scallions, green and white parts.
Blend everything except scallions - toss those with the salad and sauce when you are ready.
this is a pretty thick sauce - if you need it thinned a bit add some water or coconut milk. Just not a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment