Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What's For Breakfast (Gluten, Corn, Dairy Free)

When you are gluten free (corn, dairy) it's not easy finding a good hot breakfast to have. Oh sure - eggs! yep, and that's a good one to be sure. But after a while, it gets old. So do smoothies, which are also delish but day after day? And really, in the winter, sometimes a good hot breakfast is what you want. so here is one of my favorites. It Rice Farina with dried cranberries (or blueberries, or raisins) and pepitas (pumpkin seeds) with a little bit of maple syrup to sweeten the deal. I follow the recipe on Bob's Red Mill Rice Farina package for 1 serving and then add the pepitas, dried fruit and a swirl of pure maple syrup (or local honey if I'm out) and that's it. Hot breakfast free of most allergens! The best part of this breakfast - NOW I can get the Farina at WALMART! I hate WM but that is where I usually have to do most of my shopping and it's nice to not have to go to town for it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment