Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Pasta Salad.

I make a LOT of pasta salad during the summer months. Too hot to cook and it's big filling and can sit nicely in the fridge for a few days while we work our way through it.
I don't really follow a recipe PER SE because I like to throw whatever I have in it depending on my mood. So you can pick and choose from list of ingredients depending on your mood!

PASTA SALAD
Fun Pasta Shapes - cooked and cooled (I toss with olive oil to prevent sticking)
Olives (halved)
Artichoke hearts (marinated ones work just fine)
cherry or grape tomatoes (more shapes and colors the better)
Cucumbers (the more the merrier I say!)
bell peppers (again different colors work well!)
Feta cheese
Kidney beans(I use canned)
Pine nuts
add a bit of apple cider vinegar and some herbs, salt and pepper to taste and you have a meal.

*IF you are wanting gluten free we use Tinkyada brand rice pastas - I think they taste the best and hold their shapes the best. I love the Fusilli and the shells for this salad.
You can also add fresh herbs from the garden such as cilantro or parsley. Curly leaf parsley's add some body and crunch to the salad too!

No comments:

Post a Comment